We’ve all heard about the power of positive thinking. But did you know that positive thinking is so powerful, it can actually help you reach your financial goals? Here’s how to put it to work for you.
- Develop an attitude of gratitude. Stop and consider all the positive things in your life (health, relationship, children, beautiful environment, friendships, etc.), and be grateful for them. It’s easier to add to your good fortune if you start from a place of gratitude rather than focusing on what you DON’T have.
- Visualize exactly what you want. Imagining scenarios in which you achieve your goals is a proven way to succeed. But you have to be specific. Don’t just visualize getting a raise. See yourself sitting down with your boss, telling her about the good work you do, asking for a raise, getting it, then setting some of it aside each month for retirement.
- Express your visualizations in multiple ways. The more senses you involve, the more likely you are to succeed. Say your specific visualizations from #2 out loud so you can hear them. Do them in front of a mirror so you can see them. Write them down so you can touch them.
- Keep track of your successes. To achieve financial security, you need to keep a record of your income and spending. But to make financial success even more likely, keep a record of all your little achievements along the way. Write down every time you stick to your budget, put money in your saving account, pay off your credit card balance, etc. Frequently re-reading your list of successes will provide powerful motivation!
- Pay it forward. Once all these positive thinking behaviors have become reliable habits, start spreading the positivity around. Encourage others to adopt positive thinking in their lives, provide support and coaching, teach them these 5 steps!
If you’d like more ideas on how to reach financial security, please call us today.